- Today, we passed another milestone - week 26!! The next two weeks are the most critical two weeks we've had to date...statistically, the survival rate skyrockets and the defect rate plummets during these next two weeks...say your prayers, please!
- The producer for A Baby Story called today and said that it looked like they were going to get the green light and that she was planning on flying in on Monday with a film crew to do two days of interviews and filming for "Act 1" of the story they were going to do on us. Very exciting!! However, at the end of the day, she called back and said that a last minute legal glitch has put everything on hold for about a week. She still thinks everything will work out fine, but can't risk spending the money on flights, etc. until she knows for sure. Bummer, big time, but we think it will happen. Hopefully they'll get it worked out and get a crew down here before Casey goes to the hospital!!
- We were surprised today by a friend of ours who has been collecting baby stuff for us through her work, the good folks at Humana! She brought tons of diapers, wipes, and other cool stuff! Not only has she been collecting from her co-workers, but she also sent out an email to one of their vendors who were hosting an office party at Humana's headquarters, Austin Radiological Association, and asked them to donate. Apparently, someone at Austin Radiological knows Casey and rallied up three huge baskets of clothes, blankets, bibs, burp rags, etc...so awesome! Unfortunately, however we do not know who it is so if you happen to be reading this and you know who this incredible person is, please let them know how grateful we are! Thank you also, Ginger, for organizing this and bringing everything out to the house!!
- I had my paint crews start today on the nursery. They got the first coat of paint on everything and will be back on Monday to finish up.
- Another friend of ours called today to say she was headed our way with a high chair for us. That makes four high chairs...only one more to go!
- This weekend, my honey-do list includes cleaning and organizing the garage and a trip to Babies'R'Us to buy the cribs and bedding so we can start putting them together...yippy ;-)
- Eliot has had a great week topped off by two sleepovers at her friend Maddy Brown's. Our friends, Stacy and Mike Brown have been so incredible and have taken care of Eliot several nights in the last month when I had class. They picked her up Thursday after school and will be bringing her back tomorrow morning. Lots of fun with the little girls, but I'm guessing the Brown family is worn out!!
I hope everyone had a great week and is looking forward to a relaxing weekend!!